Re: Documentation for CommandComplete is incorrect for CREATE TABLE with server version 10.2 - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Documentation for CommandComplete is incorrect for CREATE TABLE with server version 10.2
Date
List pgsql-docs
=?utf-8?q?PG_Doc_comments_form?= <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> The documentation says:
> For a SELECT or CREATE TABLE AS command, the tag is SELECT rows where rows
> is the number of rows retrieved.

Yeah ...

> But what I get back from the server is this packet:
> 0000   43 00 00 00 11 43 52 45 41 54 45 20 54 41 42 4c  C....CREATE TABL
> 0010   45 00                                            E.
> The query I sent to the server was:
> create table table1(i int)

CREATE TABLE and CREATE TABLE AS are two different things.

regression=# create table foo (x int);
CREATE TABLE

regression=# create table bar as select 1 as x;
SELECT 1

            regards, tom lane