Re: postgres crashes - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgres crashes
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Adam Kempa <janus@vtrip.pl> writes:
> I've been installed  Postgres 7.4.2 on  FreeBSD system and when load
> average  grow up i've error in postgres like this:
>    ERROR:  permission denied for function varchar
>    ERROR:  permission denied for function varchar

> and then postgres crashes.

>    LOG:  server process (PID 9787) was terminated by signal 11

I think you've got hardware problems.  Specifically, this sounds like it
could be bad RAM in an address range that doesn't get used until the
system gets sufficiently loaded.  memtest86 is a widely-recommended test
program for finding bad RAM ...

            regards, tom lane