Re: Installing plpython3u - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Installing plpython3u
Date
List pgsql-general
Dario Beraldi <dario.beraldi@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for your answer. Just checking before I screw things up... About
> "the source tree has to be configured and built twice", does it mean that I
> have to execute again

> ./configure --prefix=$HOME;
> make;
> make install

> And should I enable any particular option in ./configure? I see there is a
> "--with-python" option (not specific to python3 though).

Indeed --- you have not built any version of plpython here.  You need
--with-python, and you need to make sure the PYTHON environment variable
is set (else you'll get whatever version is invoked by "python", which is
most likely python2).  See the build instructions in the documentation.
Also watch the output from configure, which will show you which python
it selected.

            regards, tom lane