Re: SYSTEM_USER reserved word implementation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jacob Champion
Subject Re: SYSTEM_USER reserved word implementation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/26/22 06:29, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> Please find attached V4 taking care of Jacob's previous comments.

> +    /*
> +     * InitializeSystemUser should already be called once we are sure that
> +     * authn_id is not NULL (means auth_method is actually valid).
> +     * But keep the test here also for safety.
> +     */
> +    if (authn_id)

Since there are only internal clients to the API, I'd argue this makes
more sense as an Assert(authn_id != NULL), but I don't think it's a
dealbreaker.

> As far the assertion failure mentioned by Michael when moving the
> SVFOP_SYSTEM_USER from NAMEOID to TEXTOID: V4 is assuming that it is
> safe to force the collation to C_COLLATION_OID for SQLValueFunction
> having a TEXT type, but I would be happy to also hear your thoughts
> about it.

Unfortunately I don't have much to add here; I don't know enough about
the underlying problems.

Thanks,
--Jacob