Re: pgsql: Adjust interaction of CREATEROLE with role properties. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Adjust interaction of CREATEROLE with role properties.
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 12:31:06PM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 09:46:07AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> Would it be worth adding a check right at the end of the schedule that
>>> makes sure there are no such roles left?

>> Yes, because the alternative is to have cirrus run "installcheck"
>> twice..

> Agreed about doing something like that, with a new SQL script perhaps?
> We can rely on -DENFORCE_REGRESSION_TEST_NAME_RESTRICTIONS here, and
> I'd like to think that nobody creates such role names or they would
> see failures with the new query.

Yeah ... if we put it into an existing script, somebody will blindly
add more tests after it someday.  I suggest calling it "test_cleanup"
to pair with "test_setup".

Is it worth checking for leftover regress_xxx tablespaces as well as
roles?

            regards, tom lane