Re: pgsql: Adjust interaction of CREATEROLE with role properties. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Adjust interaction of CREATEROLE with role properties.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 12:31:06PM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 09:46:07AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Would it be worth adding a check right at the end of the schedule that
>> makes sure there are no such roles left?
>
> Yes, because the alternative is to have cirrus run "installcheck"
> twice..

Agreed about doing something like that, with a new SQL script perhaps?
We can rely on -DENFORCE_REGRESSION_TEST_NAME_RESTRICTIONS here, and
I'd like to think that nobody creates such role names or they would
see failures with the new query.  I can also be a sign that such
instances should be cleaned up to allow more repeatability with some
tests, actually..
--
Michael

Attachment