Re: Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] CREATE FUNCTION hang on test machine polecat on HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] CREATE FUNCTION hang on test machine polecat on HEAD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 06/06/2011 07:30 PM, Robert Creager wrote:
>> [4de65a8f.607a:3] LOG:  statement: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION bar() RETURNS integer AS $$
>> #die 'BANG!'; # causes server process to exit(2)
>> # alternative - causes server process to exit(255)
>> spi_exec_query("invalid sql statement");
>> $$ language plperl;
>>
>> I'll leave it running tonight (going home), so I can poke tomorrow if anyone wants me to.

> That's weird. Why it should hang there I have no idea. Did it hang at
> the same spot both times? Can you get a backtrace?

You sure it's hung on that statement, and not the following one?
The following one would be trying to load plperlu into a backend
already using plperl, which is an area that it wouldn't exactly
be surprising to find platform-dependent issues in.