Re: remove undocumented assign syntax from plpgsql doc - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: remove undocumented assign syntax from plpgsql doc
Date
List pgsql-docs
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 05:39:22PM +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Uh, I see it in the documented syntax:

>     OPEN <replaceable>bound_cursorvar</replaceable> <optional> ( <optional>
>     <replaceable>argument_name</replaceable> := </optional>  <---
>     <replaceable>argument_value

It is there, if you look into read_cursor_args().

This appears to be the only place in pl_gram.y where we don't treat '='
and COLON_EQUALS interchangeably.

I was about to suggest that we should accept "=" here too, but on second
thought that could break existing code, if anyone's using boolean equality
expressions in cursor arguments.  So we'd better accept the inconsistency.

            regards, tom lane