Re: Encoding using the Frontend/Backend Protocol TCP/IP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raimon Fernandez
Subject Re: Encoding using the Frontend/Backend Protocol TCP/IP
Date
List pgsql-general
On 19/11/2009, at 18:13, Raimon Fernandez wrote:

> On 19/11/2009, at 17:27, Kovalevski Andrei wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> could it be that you have errors in your UTF8 string? For example you might use UTF16 encoding, it can explain why
somecharacters force errors but others are not.

> It only happens with values like àéïçñ I think UTF8 can handle this ...

yes, It can handle it ...

if I send the decoding by hand in a very simple update, it works, so there's something with UTF8 conversion that dosn't
work...

for example, instead of sending Ç i send their equivalent in UTF8 &HC3+&H87 and it works ...

thanks,

regards,