Re: timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: timestamp
Date
List pgsql-sql
You want a trigger.  Similar to the following:

CREATE FUNCTION "netblock_date_change" () RETURNS opaque AS 'DECLARE   BEGIN   new.last_update_at = cast(now() as
timestamp(0));  new.last_update_by = current_user;   return new;   END;' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE TRIGGER "netblock_change" BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON "networks"  FOR
EACHROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE "netblock_date_change" ();

--On Wednesday, February 12, 2003 09:46:15 +0100 Daniel Jaenecke