Re: Need help extripating plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James B. Byrne
Subject Re: Need help extripating plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, February 21, 2013 12:38, James B. Byrne wrote:
> I am trying, without success, to create a PG-9.2 database without
> including the plpgsql extension.  I have tried specifying template0
> and the database is nonetheless created with plpgsql.  I have deleted
> plpgsql from template1 and the new database is nonetheless created
> with plpgsql.
>
> I desire to remove plpgsql from newly created databases because the
> dump that is generated by pgdump contains this line:
>
> CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS plpgsql WITH SCHEMA pg_catalog;

Wrong line.  This is the line

COMMENT ON EXTENSION plpgsql IS 'PL/pgSQL procedural language';

And yes, I went through this a year ago with PG-9.1 and resolved it
once by switching to template0 in the connection configuration. Now it
is back with PG-9.2. using the exact same configuration code because
evidently plpgsql is added regardless.

--=20
James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3