Re: using EXECUTE on Selects - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Radhika Sambamurti
Subject Re: using EXECUTE on Selects
Date
List pgsql-sql
Thanks! That worked. I really could'nt make sense of the documentation,
the way it was worded. I tested it out and it works.

Thanks again!

Radhika

> am  Wed, dem 11.07.2007, um 12:41:21 -0400 mailte Radhika Sambamurti
> folgendes:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is my need:
>>
>> I have to select data by building up the where clause:
>> example: WHERE firm = 'nnn'
>>          WHERE firm = 'nnn' AND symbol = 'bbb'
>>          WHERE date BETWEEN 'startdate' AND 'enddate' AND symbol = 'bbb'
>>
>> And so on.
>>
>> I was hoping to write a function where I can build up my where clause
>> (dynamic sql) and use the EXECUTE command with it. But I just read that
>> the SELECT INTO has not been implemented for use with EXECUTE.
>
> You can use "execute sql into foo;" with sql your dynamic sql and foo
> your variable to store the result.
>

> Andreas
> --
> Andreas Kretschmer
> Kontakt:  Heynitz: 035242/47150,   D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)
> GnuPG-ID:   0x3FFF606C, privat 0x7F4584DA   http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net

It is all a matter of perspective. You choose your view by choosing where
to stand.
Larry Wall
---