Re: How to drop user if objects depend on it - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How to drop user if objects depend on it
Date
List pgsql-general
I wrote:
> "Andrus" <kobruleht2@hot.ee> writes:
>> ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES IN SCHEMA public,firma1  GRANT all ON TABLES TO
>> vantaa;

> I am not sure that REASSIGN OWNED will get rid of default-privilege
> specifiers --- you might have to reverse this step separately.

A little further review shows that DROP OWNED is the way to get rid of
leftover privileges.  So in general you need to do REASSIGN OWNED to move
the ownership of objects, then DROP OWNED to get rid of privileges granted
on non-owned objects, before you can drop a role.

This is documented, but only in passing in the REASSIGN OWNED man page.
I think it needs to be explained more prominently.  Will see about making
that happen.

            regards, tom lane