Re: DBD::Pg 'lo_read' fails on >= 32768 byte large objects - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: DBD::Pg 'lo_read' fails on >= 32768 byte large objects
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Kevin Houle <kjh@cert.org> writes:
>> One more data point. The DBD::Pg 'lo_extract' function works
>> fine across SSL. There is no issue with large objects >= 32K
>> using 'lo_extract'. So that casts doubt on it being an OpenSSL
>> issue.

No, it does not, because lo_export writes the data to a file on the
server side --- the data does not pass across the encrypted connection.
It still appears that there's an issue with moving a large chunk of
data across the link.

Whether this is OpenSSL's fault or libpq's is not clear.  I'm prepared
to believe that we are not using SSL_read correctly, but if so, what
is the correct way?  The OpenSSL docs are not very clear on how one
does asynchronous reads.

            regards, tom lane