Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 22.01.22 03:54, Amit Kapila wrote:
> Won't we already do that for Alter Subscription command which means
> nothing special needs to be done for this? However, it seems to me
> that the idea we are trying to follow here is that as this option can
> lead to data inconsistency, it is good to allow only superusers to
> specify this option. The owner of the subscription can be changed to
> non-superuser as well in which case I think it won't be a good idea to
> allow this option. OTOH, if we think it is okay to allow such an
> option to users that don't have superuser privilege then I think
> allowing it to the owner of the subscription makes sense to me.

I don't think this functionality allows a nonprivileged user to do
anything they couldn't otherwise do.  You can create inconsistent data
in the sense that you can choose not to apply certain replicated data.
But a subscription owner has to have write access to the target tables
of the subscription, so they already have the ability to write or not
write any data they want.