Re: Porting PostgresSQL libraries for QNX710 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Porting PostgresSQL libraries for QNX710
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 22 Feb 2024, at 11:35, Rajith Rao .B(App Software) <ranjithraob@medha.com> wrote:

> I have been using the Qt IDE with C++ for database connection and query execution, and unfortunately, I cannot share
thecode with you.

No worries, I have no intention to work on this.

> You mentioned that PostgreSQL support for QNX was removed starting from version 8.2. Are there any alternative
methodsto port or build PostgreSQL libraries for QNX 7.1.0?

There is no other way to build any software on a new architecture than rolling
up the sleeves and getting started.

I suggest looking at commits f55808828569, a1675649e402 and 6f84b2da75d3 in the
postgres repo as a starting point for research.  The QNX support which was
removed in 8.2 was targeting QNX4, so it may or may not be helpful.

--
Daniel Gustafsson