Re: pgsql: Add PSQL_WATCH_PAGER for psql's \watch command. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Add PSQL_WATCH_PAGER for psql's \watch command.
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 1:09 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> That won't help as-is, because it *does* have sigwait, just not with
>> the POSIX API.  thread_test.c does this:
>>
>> /* Test for POSIX.1c 2-arg sigwait() and fail on single-arg version */
>> #include <signal.h>
>> int                     sigwait(const sigset_t *set, int *sig);
>>
>> which perhaps should be pulled out of there and moved to the
>> configure script proper.

> Ah, I see.  I'll have a crack at that after lunch.

Huh ... gaur did this:

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   sigwait (code)

which is not what I was expecting, because there is a definition for
sigwait in /usr/include (though not in a header file we use).  It must
be in some add-on library instead of libc.

However, wrasse did this:

"/export/home/nm/farm/studio64v12_6/HEAD/pgsql.build/../pgsql/src/bin/psql/command.c", line 5062: prototype mismatch: 2
argspassed, 1 expected
cc: acomp failed for /export/home/nm/farm/studio64v12_6/HEAD/pgsql.build/../pgsql/src/bin/psql/command.c

which I was expecting even less.  Evidently, prehistoric HPUX is not the
only platform still using the pre-POSIX API for this function.  So we
really do need the full configure check.

            regards, tom lane