Re: Avoid mix char with bool type in comparisons - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Avoid mix char with bool type in comparisons
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> writes:
> Anyway, it's not *true* that  collectMatchesForHeapRow deals
> only "true" and "false", once that key->entryRes is initialized with
> GIN_FALSE not false.

Look: GinTernaryValue is carefully designed so that it is
representation-compatible with bool, including that GIN_FALSE is
identical to false and GIN_TRUE is identical to true.  I'm quite
uninterested in debating whether that's a good idea or not.
Moreover, there are a ton of other places besides this one where
the GIN code relies on that equivalence, so we'd have to do a
lot more than what's in this patch if we wanted to decouple that.