DBD::Pg PPM? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject DBD::Pg PPM?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello ActiveStaters,

I see that the DBD::Pg build always fails:
 http://code.activestate.com/ppm/DBD-Pg/

I'm sure this is because PostgreSQL is not installed on any of the PPM build boxes (smokers?). DBD::mysql, on the other
hand,builds fine (most of the time):
 http://code.activestate.com/ppm/DBD-mysql/

Would it be possible to adapt whatever was done for DBD::mysql to allow DBD::Pg to be built? I assume it means that
PostgreSQLneeds to be installed, or at least its include files and libraries.

I've Cc'd pgsql-hackers, as its denizens can provide feedback on what might be needed. There might also be something
worthpoaching from the abandoned "DBD-Pg PPM Binaries" project.
 http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dbdpgppm/

Thanks,

David