Re: hstore extension version screwup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: hstore extension version screwup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net> writes:
> On 10/3/13 12:49 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> We could also use git receive hooks, but those would be very hard to
>> override when you*do*  need to modify the files (which you might
>> within a release).

> You can have the receive hook ignore the condition on existence of a file. It's kinda kludgey, but effective. Of
courseyou need to remember to remove the override file when you're done overriding...

An important point here is that we don't want to lock down version m.n
of an extension *until it's shipped in a release*.  If we make several
changes in a given extension during a development cycle (some of them
possibly just bugfixes to a previous change), we don't want our tools
forcing us to treat each of those as an upgrade scenario.

This means that any restriction should only apply in the _STABLE branches,
not in master.  Not sure how to do that.