Re: How to log bind values for statements that produce errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How to log bind values for statements that produce errors
Date
List pgsql-general
Raul Kaubi <raulkaubi@gmail.com> writes:
> We have a problem with certain select statement, which produces error and we would like to know the bind value that
isgiven as parameter.
> I have tried parameters:
> log_min_duration_statement = 0
> log_parameter_max_length_on_error = -1

The other constraint on reporting parameters during error is that they
have to be sent by the client in text not binary mode.  I venture that
your client is sending them in binary.

(The reason for this restriction is to avoid the overhead of converting
binary to text for every query, which we'd have to do in advance of
knowing whether the query will throw an error.)

            regards, tom lane