Re: [HACKERS] Metadata about relation creation & full scans. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Metadata about relation creation & full scans.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2017-03-22 10:14:14 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> (2) How you gonna update this in vacuum?  It cannot do a transactional
>> update.

> I think we can just do that in a separate transaction, at the tail end
> of vacuum_rel() - if we crash just before that, not that much is lost.

Blech.  What if someone's queued an exclusive lock request on the table?

Actually though, maybe you could get away with updating the last-vacuum
field nontransactionally.  I think we're already updating some of the
other pg_class fields nontransactionally.