Re: Quoting table/column names vs performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: Quoting table/column names vs performance
Date
Re: Quoting table/column names vs performance  (Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it>)
List pgsql-general
On Apr 9, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Jozef Ševčík wrote:
> In MSSQL I had something like:
> SELECT Column1,Column2 from MyTable
>
> In PgSQL I write:
> SELECT “Column1”, “Column2” from “MyTable”
>
> Which is fine and working, I have no doubt about it. I’m just
> guessing if this does not affect performance
> in any way.

What are you trying to fix that you don't just write SELECT
Column1,Column2 from MyTable ?
Postgres understands that fine, why do you want to quote those
identifiers? Maybe your application code is case-sensitive with
regards to column (and maybe table) names?

Regards,
Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,47fcf8df927661984376163!