Re: BUG #11660: TSVector not returning partial match on word "out" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #11660: TSVector not returning partial match on word "out"
Date
List pgsql-bugs
david.g.levy@gmail.com writes:
> I'm guessing that "out" is some kind of internal reserved word - I can't
> find any documentation on this so submitting a bug until it can be
> clarified/specified behavior:

No, but it's listed in english.stop.  Feel free to make a custom
stopword list if you don't like that.

regression=# select to_tsquery('mon:*');
 to_tsquery
 'mon':*
(1 row)

regression=# select to_tsquery('out:*');
NOTICE:  text-search query contains only stop words or doesn't contain lexemes, ignored
 to_tsquery

(1 row)

            regards, tom lane