Re: Significant Execution Time Difference Between PG13.14 and PG16.4 for Query on information_schema Tables. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Significant Execution Time Difference Between PG13.14 and PG16.4 for Query on information_schema Tables.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> That seems like a pretty fishy way to do it.  Are you saying that
> Memoize is never applicable if there aren't outer joins in the
> query?  Without OJs there probably won't be any PHVs.

Oh, scratch that, I see you mean this is an additional way to do it
not the only way to do it.  But I'm confused why it works for
    t1.two+1 AS c1
but not
    t1.two+t2.two AS c1
Those ought to look pretty much the same for this purpose.