Re: standard_conforming_strings and pg_escape_string() - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Verite
Subject Re: standard_conforming_strings and pg_escape_string()
Date
List pgsql-general
    Conrad Lender wrote:

> I would like our database abstraction to be able to handle both
settings
> for standard_conforming_strings transparently, i.e. perform the
escaping
> according to the current DB server settings. Since pg_escape_string()
is
> aware of the current database connection, I had expected its behavior
> change accordingly:
>
> no std strings:
>    x\y --> x\\y
> with std strings:
>    x\y --> x\y

It works for me:

$ php -e
<?
echo phpversion(), "\n";
$c=pg_connect("dbname=mail user=daniel host=/tmp port=5000");
pg_query("SET standard_conforming_strings=off");
echo pg_escape_string('toto\titi'), "\n";
pg_query("SET standard_conforming_strings=on");
echo pg_escape_string('toto\titi'), "\n";
?>

Output:
5.2.0-8+etch13
toto\\titi
toto\titi

Best regards,

--
 Daniel
 PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: