Re: JDBC and GSSAPI/Krb5 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Henry B. Hotz
Subject Re: JDBC and GSSAPI/Krb5
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Thank you.  I'm looking at it.

I think the changes *should* be localized to v3/
ConnectionFactoryImpl.java.  I need to see how Magnus changed the
wire protocol (he did it differently from what I did), and I need to
try a sample program first so I can debug wire/API issues
independently from PG issues.

I will not even attempt to address the SSPI auth mechanism since I
don't understand fully why it exists.  SSPI is supposed to just be an
alternate C binding for the GSSAPI wire protocol, but there are other
issues that confound that statement.  I believe that Java should
stick to the standard, at least initially.