Re: Internal error XX000 with enable_partition_pruning=on, pg 11 beta1 on Debian - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Internal error XX000 with enable_partition_pruning=on, pg 11 beta1 on Debian
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> One reason why we should adapt such a test case is that, in the future, we
> may arrange for make_partitionedrel_pruneinfo(), whose code we just fixed,
> to not be called if we know that run-time pruning is not needed.  It seems
> that that's true for the test added by the commit, that is, it doesn't
> need run-time pruning.

Not following your argument here.  Isn't make_partition_pruneinfo
precisely what is in charge of figuring out whether run-time pruning
is possible?

(See my point in the other thread about Jaime's assertion crash,
that no run-time pruning actually would be possible for that query.
But we got to the assertion failure anyway.)