Re: to_tsvector() chopping off trailing 's' characters - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: to_tsvector() chopping off trailing 's' characters
Date
List pgsql-admin
Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com> writes:
> Sorry for the follow up, meant to add I tried this:
> select 'Thames', to_tsvector('simple', 'fat cats ate rats');
> And it throws: ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type oid: "simple"

That works for me.  I suspect you've got some nonstandard versions
of to_tsvector() hanging about.  There should only be

regression=# \df to_tsvector
                            List of functions
   Schema   |    Name     | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
 pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector         | json                | func
 pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector         | jsonb               | func
 pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector         | regconfig, json     | func
 pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector         | regconfig, jsonb    | func
 pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector         | regconfig, text     | func
 pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector         | text                | func
(6 rows)

            regards, tom lane