Re: inserting a timestamp show wrong timezone - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: inserting a timestamp show wrong timezone
Date
List pgsql-novice
Pam Wampler <Pam_Wampler@taylorwhite.com> writes:
> example:

>  insert into foo  values (3, '12-aug-2001:00:01:01');
> insert into foo values (4,now());
> showaltb=> select * from foo;
>  n |           t
> ---+------------------------
>  3 | 2001-08-12 00:01:01-04
>  4 | 2002-02-20 08:59:56-05

Looks fine to me.  -05 is EST, -04 is EDT ... and I'd expect
daylight-savings time to be used in August ...

If you don't want daylight-savings time to be used, set your
TimeZone variable to something like "EST", not "ESTEDT" (the
exact form of timezone specs tends to vary across Unixen, so
you'll have to experiment or read the manual to find out what
to use).

            regards, tom lane