Re: Beginner's List - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Beginner's List
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> A new PostgreSQL user pointed out to me that there is nobody currently
> on the pgsql-beginner list with any depth of experience.

You mean pgsql-novice, no?  There are a number of hackers answering
questions pretty regularly on that list...

> To help remedy this, I would like to take 1 beginner question per day.
> But I can't figure out how to do this without subscribing to
> pgsql-beginner and suffering a deluge of 100's of e-mails.

If you read pghackers, pggeneral, etc, then the extra traffic for
pgsql-novice is pretty tiny.  I see 12 postings so far this month.
        regards, tom lane