Re: pgsql: PREPARE and EXPLAIN need to copy the source query just like we - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: pgsql: PREPARE and EXPLAIN need to copy the source query just like we
Date
List pgsql-committers
> PREPARE and EXPLAIN need to copy the source query just like we recently
> had to do in DECLARE CURSOR.  AFAICS these are all the places affected.
> PREPARE case per example from Michael Fuhr, EXPLAIN case located by
> grepping for planner calls ...

Does this mean that cache lookup failures (most notably in pl/pgsql)
will simply result in a replan as opposed to a query failure and the
transaction being aborted?  Or is this a first step in that direction?
-sc

--
Sean Chittenden