Re: BUG #18374: Printing memory contexts on OOM condition might lead to segmentation fault - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #18374: Printing memory contexts on OOM condition might lead to segmentation fault
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> writes:
> For removing recursion from memory context processing, please check
> the patch by Heikki [1], and my slightly revised version [2].

> Links.
> 1. https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/6b48c746-9704-46dc-b9be-01fe4137c824%40iki.fi
> 2. https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAPpHfdtQVzkKgrxqKZE9yESnu7cAATVQbGktVOSXPNWG7GOkhA%40mail.gmail.com

I'd forgotten about that thread.  I'll comment there, thanks!

The issue Alexander has identified about the kernel possibly not
giving us as much stack as promised should stay in this thread,
but we can discuss the idea of de-recursing mcxt.c over there.

            regards, tom lane