Re: BUG #18344: Pruning tables partitioned by bool range fails with invalid strategy - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alexander Lakhin
Subject Re: BUG #18344: Pruning tables partitioned by bool range fails with invalid strategy
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello David,

19.02.2024 02:49, David Rowley wrote:

> Here's a more complete patch for this.  I included some tests for LIST
> and RANGE partitioned tables. I did manual testing for HASH, and was
> on the fence about covering that too.

Thank you for the fix!

Beside that, I'm a bit confused by the opstrategy description for
get_matching_range_bounds().
Above that function we have:
  * 'opstrategy' if non-zero must be a btree strategy number.

But as we could see, zero opstrategy is not valid for the function (so
"if non-zero" is meaningless here?), unlike opstrategy for
get_matching_list_bounds(), which has the same description, but the latter
function contains:
     /* Special case handling of values coming from a <> operator clause. */
     if (opstrategy == InvalidStrategy)

Best regards,
Alexander