Re: Add FET to Default and Europe.txt - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add FET to Default and Europe.txt
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> writes:
> These files are maintained by PostgreSQL, there is even a README with an
> explicit mention that changes should be reported to pgsql-hackers....

What the README file actually suggests is that periodically we should
re-evaluate the set of default abbreviations.  I'm not that thrilled
with making one-off changes on a first-to-complain basis.

I have no particular objection to adding FET, since it doesn't seem to
have any conflicts with other zone abbreviations; but we're really way
overdue for another global look at the abbreviation lists.