Re: make installcheck is broken in HEAD on mingw - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: make installcheck is broken in HEAD on mingw
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp> writes:
>     WARNING:  getopt(p) = ostgres
>     FATAL:  attempted change of parameter "port" ignored

> The first argument 'postgres' was interpreted as "-p ostgres" by getopt().

Ugh.

> We might need to re-initilaize variables for getopt() because we call
> process_postgres_switches twice(). So getopt() is also called twice.

Yeah.  process_postgres_switches attempts to do that, using code that
is the same as in postmaster.c.  However I suppose that in mingw the
intervening fork/exec might manage to reset getopt() in some other way.

> (Are there any known bugs in mingw's getopt?)

No idea, but maybe you are running a different mingw version than the
buildfarm machines are using?

> BTW, the following code seems to be a bit storange.
> The part of { argv++; argc--; } removes the first arugment,
> but '--single' argument (argv[1]) is not removed, no?

This is just the same as what was there for the last year or so.
I only moved it to a different place ...