Re: BUG #6612: Functions can be called inside CHECK statements - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ari Entlich
Subject Re: BUG #6612: Functions can be called inside CHECK statements
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Wow, so I guess I'm pretty much wrong about this... Sorry for the noise guys. I failed to consider different uses for
functions,obviously, and it's not possible to automatically detect usages which could cause problems.

Perhaps this is more of a bug in the documentation than anything else. I couldn't find any documentation for the
behaviorfor what will happen if a query is executed inside a function which is called from a check statement. I also
couldn'tfind anything about calling function inside check statements in general, but perhaps that's not necessary. I
do,however, think it should definitely be documented somewhere that functions cannot be used to get around the lack of
checkstatement subqueries, because the ordering of operations is wrong.

Thanks!

Ari