Re: BUG #6612: Functions can be called inside CHECK statements - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #6612: Functions can be called inside CHECK statements
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Ari Entlich <atrigent@ccs.neu.edu> writes:
>  I do, however, think it should definitely be documented somewhere that functions cannot be used to get around the
lackof check statement subqueries, because the ordering of operations is wrong.

That statement seems to me to be complete nonsense.  You can certainly
put a query into a function invoked by CHECK.  It may be that there's
some particular use-case that this doesn't work for, but that does not
justify a blanket statement that it "doesn't work".

            regards, tom lane