Sum of Every Column - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Haddon
Subject Sum of Every Column
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi Folks,

I'm hoping to put together a query that generates a report on a table with
a large number of boolean fields. This report has to be able to adapt to
the number of fields in the table. Essentially, I want it to provide the
sum of TRUE values for each field for a given subset of the table. I've
got the query that returns the subset of the table (this is based on a
relationship with another table):

SELECT breast_cancer_resources.*
FROM breast_cancer_resources, agency_contact_info
WHERE breast_cancer_resources.id=agency_contact_info.idAND agency_contact_info.guideregion=1           AND
agency_contact_info.list_online=TRUE

But I'm not sure how to generate the sum for each column. Should I be
looking elsewhere than SQL to do this for me, such as php (this is for a
web-based report)?

Thanks, Tom