Re: PostgreSQL caching - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vitaly Belman
Subject Re: PostgreSQL caching
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hello Josh,

JB> Not that you can't improve the query, just that it might not fix
JB> the problem.

Yes, I'm aware it might be slower than the Linux version, but then, as
you said, I still can improve the query (as I did with your help now).

But true, if there's something awfully wrong with Win32 port
performance, I might be doing some overwork...

JB> Therefore ... your detailed feedback is appreciated, especially if you can
JB> compare stuff to the same database running on a Linux, Unix, or BSD machine.

I can't easily install Linux right now.. But I am considering using it
through VMWare. Do you think it would suffice as a comprasion?

From what I saw (e.g
http://usuarios.lycos.es/hernandp/articles/vpcvs.html) the performance
are bad only when it's coming to graphics, otherwise it looks pretty
good.

Regards,
 Vitaly Belman

 ICQ: 1912453