Re: [HACKERS] pg_serial early wraparound - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_serial early wraparound
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Rebased again, now with a commit message.  That assertion has since
> been removed (commit ec99dd5a) so the attached test script can once
> again be used to see the contents of pg_serial as the xid goes all the
> way around, if you build with TEST_OLDSERXID defined so that
> predicate.c forces information about xids out to pg_serial.

Couple thoughts here ---

Seems like if the patch is correct as-is, then the OldSerXidPage
macro could be simplified, as the modulo no longer does anything.
Also, OldSerXidSegment doesn't seem to be used.

I'm a little worried because Anastasia couldn't repeat the test;
why is that?