Re: PostgreSQL Booth at LinuxWorld - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Brian Kilpatrick
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Booth at LinuxWorld
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
When Josh (Drake) and I were talking about the booth for OSCON we had a
couple of different ideas. One was to get a strictly commercial booth
as well as a community booth. Doing so was, as envisioned, was to allow
'hawking of wares' to to speak as well as just normal community banter.

However splitting it like that was ultimately rejected on logistical
and staff issues. The upside was we got a double sized booth for the
same price as a single.

I expect that this kind of juggling priorities will come up again.
Particularly when the commercial interests wish to participate, but
don't want to overshadow the community, or if the free community
presences area makes 'hawking' trickier.

So far we have all managed to deal with this pretty well and with
little fuss.

BK