Re: allowing extensions to control planner behavior - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: allowing extensions to control planner behavior
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> In that vein, here's a new patch set where I've added a second patch
> that allows extensions to control choice of index.

I'm minus-several on this bit, because that is a solved problem and
we really don't need to introduce More Than One Way To Do It.  The
intention has always been that get_relation_info_hook can editorialize
on the rel's indexlist by removing entries (or adding fake ones,
in the case of hypothetical-index extensions).  For that matter,
if you really want to do it by modifying the IndexInfo rather than
deleting it from the list, that's already possible: just set
indexinfo->hypothetical = true.