Re: pgsql: Remove support for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0 - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Remove support for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0
Date
Re: pgsql: Remove support for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0
List pgsql-committers
I wrote:
> You'll probably see failures from some of my dinosaurs too.
> I've not yet switched them over to using newer OpenSSL,
> but will do so tomorrow or so.

I updated prairiedog and gaur to use OpenSSL 1.0.1e, but we are
not out of the woods there:

* prairiedog required 6:46 to run the ssl test [1], compared to 3:24
in its last run with 0.9.8x.  Why so much slower?

* gaur fell over in the ssl test [2].  I had not asked it to run that
test before, so this may well be a pre-existing issue not something
new with the version change.  It looks like something in that test
is assuming that we have IPv6 support, which maybe it shouldn't be,
even in 2020.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=prairiedog&dt=2020-01-06%2015%3A25%3A37
[2] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=gaur&dt=2020-01-06%2015%3A47%3A18