newbie sql question... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Ziegler
Subject newbie sql question...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello folks, I'm new to this list, and have been putting up with mysql
for too long, so please forgive me for asking such a newbie question as
this:

I have a query that works in mysql:
"INSERT INTO table1 ( id, column2, column3 ) VALUES ( '1', 'text
stuff', 'text stuff' ), ( '2', 'more text', 'even more text')"

When I try this in postgresql, it won't work:
"INSERT INTO table1 ( 'id', 'column2', 'column3' ) VALUES ( '1', 'text
stuff', 'text stuff' ), ( '2', 'more text', 'even more text')"

I think I'm getting the syntax wrong for stringing together multiple
value sets or something.
Can anyone point me in the correct direction of how to do this
properly, please?

Thanks,

jz