Re: Installation of Postgis/postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Ramsey
Subject Re: Installation of Postgis/postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
Nick,
You'll find GEOS questions get answered better on the GEOS mailing
list (http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geos-devel), BUT:

If ./configure is not finding g++ then odds are, you don't have it
installed (type g++ on the commandline, see what happens). Use your
package manager to do a search for "g++" or "c++" and find out which
package hold it, then install it. Keep working on getting GEOS built
and installed, you can't proceed with PostGIS until you get past that
step.

Also build and install Proj4 (http://trac.osgeo.org/proj) before
proceeding with PostGIS.

Best,

Paul

Also, your PostGIS questions will be better answered on