Re: [HACKERS] SQL procedures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SQL procedures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/31/17 16:50, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Not sure if disabling RETURN is good idea. I can imagine so optional
> returning something like int status can be good idea. Cheaper than
> raising a exception.

We could allow a RETURN without argument in PL/pgSQL, if you just want
to exit early.  That syntax is currently not available, but it should
not be hard to add.

I don't understand the point about wanting to return an int.  How would
you pass that around, since there is no declared return type?