Re: Calculate total_table_pages after set_base_rel_sizes() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Calculate total_table_pages after set_base_rel_sizes()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018/10/11 13:45, Amit Langote wrote:
> On 2018/10/07 17:43, David Rowley wrote:
>> Amit Langote has since posted a patch to delay the RangeTblEntry
>> creation until after pruning. His patch happens to also move the
>> total_table_pages calculation, but I believe this change should be
>> made as an independent commit to anything else.  I've kept it in the
>> commitfest for that reason.
>
> Yeah, if this patch is a win independent of the other project of delaying
> partition RTE creation, which seems to be true, I think we should go ahead
> with applying this patch.

Fwiw, I've incorporated David's patch in my own series, so that one of my
patches no longer has the code movement hunks that are in his.  I will
post the new version of my patch series like that.

Thanks,
Amit