Re: Data dumps to files - best methods? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ralf Schuchardt
Subject Re: Data dumps to files - best methods?
Date
Re: Data dumps to files - best methods?  ("Machiel Richards" <machielr@rdc.co.za>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Am 23.07.2010 um 10:32 schrieb Machiel Richards:

       As I am fairly new to postgresql I am trying to find some more info regarding options to dump specific data to files.

     However, even though I can get the sql query,etc... how will I use this to dump the data into the relevant files?

You can use the "\copy" command in psql to export the result of query into a file. For example:

> psql -c "\\copy (select * from atable) to 'myfile.csv' with delimiter as ',' csv header" adb

will copy all rows from "atable" in "adb" to "myfile.csv" in csv format.

Ralf