Re: Hot Standby has PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Harris
Subject Re: Hot Standby has PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

We suspect the problem is not in that area, because we used pg_basebackup o=
n the same database pair under 9.1 and did not have any such problems.=20

Looking at the context of the crashes, they seem to relate to handling of v=
isibility maps during WAL replay. Going by the 9.2 release notes that is an=
 area that was changed to allow index-only scans in 9.2.

Also, we can see that 9.2.3 has been released now and has a number of fixes=
 relating to WAL replay, so we have decided to try again using that. We wil=
l scrub the standby and make a fresh copy using pg_basebackup. If that does=
n't work then we may try using rsync instead.

We'll let you all know the result.

Regards // Mike